We are urgently seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a 3-6 month contract basis. The client's office is based around London, but offers full time homework. This position is outside IR35 and offers 37.5 hours work per week.
Key skills and experience required
- Familiarity and an ability to interrogate a wide range of geotechnical software for the design of civil engineering projects including deep and shallow foundations (including pile group analysis), embedded and gravity retaining walls, earthworks/slope stability and reinforced earthworks.
- Technical expertise in geotechnical engineering with a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles.
- Experience in the delivery of geotechnical projects, including preparing reports to a high technical level.
- Excellent report-writing and client liaison skills.
- Proven previous experience of undertaking and managing geotechnical desk studies; designing, procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs); checking Ground Investigation Reports & Geotechnical Design Reports in accordance with the requirements of Eurocode 7 Part 1.
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications.
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.