A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Highway Designers Site Representative to work on a long-term contract basis in Cardiff. This is a full time role, looking for the suitable candidate to start work immediately. Extensive experience working on Highways projects is essential.
This position falls inside IR35.
- Carry out duties expected of a Designers Site Representative including, but not limited to: Witnessing construction operations; inspecting the works; raising and closing out Non-Conformance Reports; and establishing and managing systems for receiving and answering Technical Queries and Material Approval Forms directly or after consultation with the Design Office
- Management of the Designer's site team comprising Engineers, Specialists and Inspectors
- Act as the main link between the Contractor and the Design Office in matters related to construction and design issues and ensuring the Designer's obligations are fulfilled whilst the works are being constructed
- Maintaining a register of certified design packages including all drawings, specifications, certificates, design statements and other documents forming each package, for producing paper copies of design packages for issuing to the Contractor
- Supporting the Engineering Practice in developing bid opportunities
- IEng or CEng with a relevant professional institution or nearing said status with same is preferable
- Extensive experience of working with Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and/or major Contractors
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or equivalent. Alternatively, a significantly long practical experience in construction disciplines relevant to the role
- Demonstrable experience of managing quality on multi-disciplinary projects and the ability to communicate and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in the operation of NEC contracts, particularly in design and build, and in the quality control and assurance of the delivery of major infrastructure programmes
- Valid CSCS card, with SMSTS or SSSTS desirable
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.