Do you have experience in site surveying and are looking to work for a company that cares about work-life balance?
Are you looking for an employer that will actively support your professional development and career where you can work on multi-disciplinary projects?
My client is an SME that specialises in design, surveys, and project management in multiple sectors including education, highways, and most of all rail; with exposure to a number of disciplines including electrical, mechanical, architectural, civil, and structural.
This is a dual role where the role will involve responsibilities in both cost control and specialist site surveys. This is very much a progression and development role, where my client is looking for someone with experience in site surveying with a desire to learn and take on commercial responsibilities also. This role will be the first of its kind within the company and the ability to grow and develop within this role is limitless.
Salary: circa £30,000 dependent on experience.
Where: office based in Ashford, flexible home/office working available.
When: as soon as possible.
- Constant support to develop professionally, support provided for through college/university to further develop qualifications as well as regular training and support from within the team.
- Payment for business travel.
- Flexible home and office working.
- Exposure to a number of sectors/disciplines on projects across the country.
- Lieu time, for example if you work 4 hours overtime during the week, you can take those 4 hours off in an afternoon on another day with 48 hours notice.
- The ability to see a project through from conception to delivery.
- At least 2 years' site experience.
- IT competency, ability to use the Microsoft suite at a minimum.
- Good numerical knowledge.
- Rail sector experience.
- Commercial awareness and desire to develop within commercial areas.
- HND in Quantity Surveying & Construction.
- Assist in determining fee requests and Invite To Tenders (ITTs) received from clients, providing support to project managers and directors.
- Prepare quotation documents, budgets, contracts, bills of quantities etc.
- Assist in the development of responses to commercial risk, as well as identify risk.
- Co-ordinate surveys, and collect and combine reports.
- Adjusts budgets accordingly throughout project life cycle.
- Procure services of specialist survey contractors/subcontractors including procurement of work schedules, arrangement of access to site etc.
- Measure and value work done via contract trackers
- Report writing/RAMS production.
My client is looking to interview immediately, do not wait to apply!
How to Apply:
Email your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 9387 6068.