Senior/Principal Structural Engineer
Location: Exeter/UK wide
Salary: £38,000 -£60,000 + package + benefits
My client has an exciting career role in their established Water team for a Senior or Principal Structural Engineer, ideally based in the Southwest in either Exeter or Bristol but can be based UK wide.
You will work alongside our project managers and Technical Leads throughout the project design and delivery cycle, making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications. This role will be attached to the either Wessex Water, Severn Trent Water or Thames Water Framework
Deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature. You will thrive on the technical challenges of heavy civil and structural engineering projects.
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
- A range of analysis and design experience, particularly of reinforced concrete and steelwork structures.
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders.
- Experience managing the technical delivery of large-scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs.
- A degree or equivalent in civil or structural engineering
- Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE, IStructE
You'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If you are interested, you can apply on online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on email@example.com