Senior Quantity Surveyor (Water)
Up to £60,000 p/a + Benefits
My client, a specialist in major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent position.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of projects. The role offers long term stability and varied project opportunities across their SWW Frameworks (Major Capital, MEICA Capital & Minor Works) and other external clients, predominantly in the water industry.
You will be responsible for delivering works and projects on time and in budget and making sure that works are carried out to company and customer's satisfaction in a safe and professional manner.
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and client commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Management of all project costs which may include the clients.
- Working within client databases for forecasting and change management.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Full working knowledge of the NEC3/4 suite of contracts
- Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
- WIP/Cash management
- CTC Management
- Resource Scheduling
- P&L reporting
- Internal Cost Value Reports
- Forecasting across a portfolio of projects within an incentivisation model
- Change control (EW's and CE's) - Management within a Client driven database
- Delay and Disruption
- Applications for payment
- Risk and Opportunities management
- Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
- Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
- Working to deadlines
- Water Industry Experience
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What my client can offer is a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus BH, Private medical, Employee share scheme, pension contribution and more.
If you are interested, you can apply on online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on email@example.com