Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the South West in the search for a Senior Planning Officer to join their Development Management team on a 3 month rolling contract.
The post will be offered on a remote basis, however, site visits will be required on a weekly basis.
1. To process and determine a variety of planning and other related applications and make recommendations to Planning Committee when necessary - Mixed case load of mainly Minor applications, although scope for major applications.
2. To deal with interpersonal, telephone and written enquiries from members of the public, Elected Members, Planning and other professionals in respect of a variety of planning matters.
3. To prepare Statements relating to Planning Appeals and to represent the Council at Public Inquiries, Informal Hearings and the Magistrates Court, as necessary.
4. Involvement with the preparation of planning guidance and policy statements as necessary.
5. Preparation of reports on aspects of planning control as necessary, including the investigation of breaches of planning control and any subsequent enforcement action when required.
6. To undertake such other duties as may be required within the Development Management Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate should have a good standard of education including English and Mathematics, experience of Development Management, and a Land use related Degree or similar. It would also be desirable to be a Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, and have experience dealing with breaches of planning control
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35 per/hour
Job Ref - 26457
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.