Senior Development Management Officer
East of England
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority
The purpose of the role is to process an individual case load of planning related applications and provide professional advice on a range of planning related matters.
As a member of the Development Management team, you will be working on a mixed case load of applications including Majors, Minors as well as pre-application development proposals.
Responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Process and make recommendations on an individual case load of planning and other applications
- Provide and offer advice and guidance to prospective applicants, consultants, and members of the public prior to submission of applications and on general planning matters
- Prepare and provide written evidence and act as expert witness on the Council's behalf at public inquiries and hearings
- Advise/liaise with elected Members in relation to planning and enforcement matters in the area
- Attend and present applications to Development Committee and undertake Committee site visits
The council are looking for an experienced Town Planner with a diverse level of knowledge on all planning matters.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience in a similar role. It would also be beneficial to have a degree & professional qualification in Town & Country planning with full membership of the RTPI.
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email the below if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.