Role: Senior Buyer (materials)
Salary: up to £40,000 - £50,000 p/a plus package
My client, who are a tier one contractor on United Utilities framework are looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Senior Buyer (Materials) based in the North West region.
They will be delivering a programme of works up to £500m over the 5-year period consisting of both heavy civil engineering and mechanical and electrical activities.
Based at the Preston office you will be responsible to provide procurement and supply chain activities in line with company and client policies and procedures.
You will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Efficient & effective day to day management of supply chain in support of Programme and Site requirements for goods and services.
- Promote Programme Level Procurement (including enhanced and consistent governance, supply chain assessment and SRM)
- Promote & develop long term value adding collaborative relationships with the supply chain and in doing so facilitate expert early supply chain involvement
- Development and execution of category strategy and supplier development plans.
- Develop and embed, procurement Frameworks & Subcontracts to providing end to end Supply Chain advice, sourcing, supply assurance, delivery, supply chain management and tasking against requirements.
- Prepare, develop and monitor Project and Regional level Procurement Plans.
- Collaboratively develop/prepare and issue tender packages with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans.
- Take ownership for the negotiation of commercial terms, conditions and levels of service (inc KPI's) with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Rules.
- Address and resolve issues that arise internally and externally, being the primary escalation point for day to day issues and personally handling the most complex enquires.
- Mentor, coach and support junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance value, systems, process, and best practice sharing to achieve best in class performance and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- Establish and develop excellent working relationship with the Client; Customers; Suppliers, internal functions and other relevant external bodies.
- Work with the SHEQ team to ensure the supply chain meets its Health and Safety obligations and carries out commensurate corrective action where necessary.
- Support with any requirements from internal and external audits where required.
- Harnessing innovative solutions from existing and future supply chain partners.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups/training, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
What they offer
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.