Project Manager - WATER
Salary: £42,000 -£65,000 + package + benefits
My client has an exciting career role in their established Water team for a Project Manager, based in the Southwest in either Exeter or Bristol. We are looking for people who make expert project management their focus and profession.
You will manage the project design and delivery cycle, taking delivery and budgetary decisions, identifying the need for design resources and specialist input. Projects and clients will be varied and interesting.
This role will be attached to the either Wessex Water, Severn Trent Water or Thames Water Framework where you will be working on waste water projects across infrastructure ( sewers / drainage ) and non-infrastructure ( water treatment WTW) depending on your background and experience.
Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
- Manages portfolio of clients with multiple projects.
- Responsible for delivering revenues assigned from specific clients as a result of repeat business caused by flawless execution of projects.
- Consistently delivers profit margins planned.
- Consistently completes project without write-downs or multiplier erosion.
- Typically manages projects involving RTF (Risk Triggering Factors).
- Manages more complex clients and projects.
- Has decision-making authority and directs other Project Managers in recognizing risk and uncertainty with plans to mitigate and eliminate such.
- Directs staff to operate and minimize exposure to claims.
- Supervises and directs Project Managers with multiple projects or program of projects.
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE or ChPP/APM/PMP
- Contractual skills and experience, e.g. NEC4
- Strong commercial and risk management awareness
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale infrastructure (ideally water and wastewater engineering) projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Experience working for contractors in a design and build environment
- Working understanding of programme planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
- Preferred qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background
You'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If you are interested you can apply on online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on email@example.com