Principal/Associate Electrical Engineering job opportunity in a leading consultancy.
If you want to be a part of a collaborative, friendly and dynamic team, and have an employer who is invested in their employees' training and development, this is the opportunity for you.
My client is actively seeking a Principal/Associate level Rail Electrical Engineer with at least 8 years' experience to support the planned expansion of their MEP team. The role will involve the specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations in a Rail environment and will be assisting in the development and mentoring of junior staff.
If my client finds the right candidate, there would be potential to take them on immediately.
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience.
Working hours would be Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations.
- Carry out (& managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Preparing technical specifications.
- Work in partnership with Atkins global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Supporting Directors' in financial control of project(s), resource management and business development.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Relux), AutoCAD and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings.
- Report writing, maintaining records and archives to company standards.
- Manage own workload, help & assist with technical development of junior staff.
- Competitive pension contribution.
- Competitive car allowance.
- 25 days' holiday, gaining a day of holiday per year employed with my client.
- Opportunities for career progression.
After 6-month probation:
- Health cash plan
- Private healthcare
- Income protection insurance
They Can Offer You
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- Opportunity to lead electrical discipline on projects and overall project leadership.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
- Opportunity to join an expanding business.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects
- Ideally Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET or working towards
- Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV in to me at email@example.com or give me a call on 023 9387 6068.