Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Devon in the search for a Senior Planning Officer to join their Development Management team on a 6 month rolling contract.
The post will be offered on a hybrid working arrangement with a mix of office and home working each week.
1. To process and determine a variety of planning and other related applications and make recommendations to Planning Committee when necessary - Mixed case load of mainly Minor and complex applications.
2. To deal with interpersonal, telephone and written enquiries from members of the public, Elected Members, Planning and other professionals in respect of a variety of planning matters.
3. To prepare Statements relating to Planning Appeals and to represent the Council at Public Inquiries, Informal Hearings and the Magistrates Court, as necessary.
4. Involvement with the preparation of planning guidance and policy statements as necessary.
5. To undertake such other duties as may be required within the Development Management Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have a good standard of education including English and Mathematics, experience of Development Management, and a Town Planning related Degree or similar.
It would also be desirable to be a Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, have a background of local authority experience and have excellent report writing skills.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £40 to £45per/hour
Job Ref - 34565
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.