Role: Planning Manager
Salary: up to £50,000 p/a plus package
My client, who are a tier 1 contractor, are looking to strengthen their Programme Management team with a Planning Manager. As a Planning Manager you will work independently to provide planning services for the Severn Trent Framework to ensure that programme plans and project plans have achievable but challenging timescales are accurately monitored and updated and be the driving force in continuous improvement and development of planning activity. In addition, provide planning co-ordination and leadership for the region.
You will report directly to the Programme Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include;
- Ability to manage the planning services across a number of business units and provide specific planning function for business unit programme of work
- Understanding of the multi-disciplined roles involved within an integrated programme. (i.e. design, construction, commissioning, interface with 3rd party others and framework partners)
- Knowledge of planning systems. (Primavera - Essential), (Microsoft Project -preferable)
- Provide programme management for a programme of work comprising of a number of individual projects and programmes (batches) combined to form a portfolio of work. Collaborate to determine the best fit for the projects within the programme for the cost / revenue / time, identifying and evaluating any potential efficiency within the programme of work i.e. geographical, process type or repeatability
- Provide programme management to control the progress of individual projects and batches by identifying and producing integrated programmes of work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects
- Minimise company risk by identifying the critical path within the whole programme of work and the individual contracts
- Provide resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of activity to ensure the best fit for the projects within the overall portfolio or batch.
- Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates
- Update and monitoring of Project Plans for progress reports and to support applications for payment (if appropriate).
- Preparation of as-built programmes.
- Assist with programmes submissions for requests for extension of time.
- Provide programme/progress information in support of Earned Value Analysis as required
- Appreciation of planning input into Key Performance Indictors and bench marking.
- Supervise and develop subordinates
- To implement Company Procedures.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
- Implement latest H & S regulations and legislation
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
- Assist with minimising project and sub programme out turn costs.
- Assist with income forecasting.
- Good understanding of Civil Engineering and M&E activity.
- Minimum 5 years planning experience.
- Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming.
- Minimum Educated HND level.
- Excellent written contractual communication
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent knowledge of planning systems
- Good coaching
- Good leadership skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.