Role: Mechanical Fitter (Chemical Dosing)
Salary: up to £27,000 - £35,000 p/a plus package
My client, who offers the market a unique end-to-end service ranging from needs assessment & solution definition, through design, manufacture, installation & commissioning, to aftercare and operation of water & wastewater treatment assets. They're looking for Mechanical Fitters to join the delivery Team, focusing on the assembly and installation of chemical dosing equipment based from their Thetford office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out factory assembly and on-site mechanical installation works associated with chemical dosing systems for wastewater and water treatment plants.
- Adherence to required standards, policies and statutory regulations for Health & Safety.
- Ensuring that all systems are installed, tested and commissioning to relevant British, ISO and client standards.
- Completing repairs, upgrades and refurbishment works to existing installed systems.
- Applying industry best practice and workmanship to ensure a 'right first time' outcome is achieved during installation.
- Pump installations, inspections and general maintenance tasks
- Working with various types of pipework - e.g. PVC, ABS, stainless steel including welding and adhesives
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, suppliers and other contractors.
- Complying with all relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work Plans, and working in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Completion of daily reports and ensuring company HSQE policies are maintained for all activities.
- Identifying and promoting new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder's knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role
Key Skills & Experience:
- Engineering, science or similar to HND, HNC or equivalent level.
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Candidates should have experience in chemical dosing, plastic pipework and site mechanical works, ideally in the water sector.
- Experience of structural steelwork and steel product installation would be an advantage
- Electrical awareness and training would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to travel regionally and nationwide on a regular basis (including overnight stays)
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements must be declared in the application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.