Head of Highways and Parking
As the Head of Highways and Parking you will work as part of the Public Realm Directorate Management Team (DMT) and will be responsible for the strategic and operational management and control of the highways and parking service, ensuring that the service meets national and local priorities in a customer-focused and efficient way. To be lead advisor for the highways and parking service delivery within the Service's Directorate.
You will also:
- Manage the development, operation, delivery and review of all highways and parking services:
- Be responsible for ensuring that the specifications and costs meet the cash limits and that, within those parameters, they best meet the collective needs of service users.
- Be responsible for end to end process, parking and traffic enforcement, associated regulations, resources and dealing with customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for the management of all budgets associated with the Service, both expenditure and income. (£40M exp; £30M inc)
- Manage the negotiations and operations of highways and parking services in particular Highways and Street Lighting contracts as well as back office and external support services and to ensure appropriate contracts are in place to deliver such services.
- Ensure delivery of an effective, efficient and proactive customer focused service in accordance with the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, council standing orders and officer code of practice.
To successful you will have:
·Degree Level Qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant subject, or equivalent work experience.
·In depth understanding of the issues covered by the Highways and Parking services provided by the council
·Proven experience of having managed an NEC, ICE Term Service Contracts, an in depth knowledge of its application and the processes that support it.
·Substantial leadership experience in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity
·Ability to demonstrate high level of business acumen, analytical skills and creative thinking within the context of this role.
·Excellent financial management demonstrating the ability to ensure that contracts with a combined value of £40 million (per annum) and that income targets of approx. £30 million (per annum) are well managed.
·Excellent leadership and motivational and influencing skills and ability to in managing a large team of individuals with diverse roles across multiple disciplines
·Experience in preparing and managing contracts, interpreting contract conditions / specifications and excellent negotiating skills
Previous experience in Highways is essential for this role.
Carrington West are also looking for Engineers & Project Managers with similar backgrounds across the South of UK - please get in touch to find out more.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Phoebe Kingston at Carrington West on 02393 876043 or email email@example.com
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 25+ years experience in this market. Please call Phoebe at Carrington West on 02393 876043 for more information
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us