Are you an experienced Estates Manager with leadership experience in a local authority setting?
Head of Estates
£600-750 a day
Initial 3 months
1.Lead the Estates and Assets Team within the Strategic Property division and to be responsible for providing estates management, valuation, acquisition, disposal and property development in respect of the Council's property portfolio in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
2. To lead the Estates and Assets Team by delivering a comprehensive commercial property management function in respect of the Council's diverse property portfolio and to contribute to the delivery and management of those estates management activities.
3. To undertake client and tenant communication/consultation, property management and to undertake professional activities including rent review and lease renewal negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, the preparation of valuations and marketing of vacant property, RICS Red Book, and as required providing advice regarding rating and CPO as appropriate. Some of these activities may be of a complex and/or political nature.
4. Act as the organisational lead on managing the Council's Asset Valuation process, liaising closely with the Capital Accountancy team and Internal and External Auditors. Ensure that asset valuations are prepared to specification ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and requirements.
5. To be responsible for the effective implementation of allocated individual projects some of which can be complex and involve several stakeholders internally and externally.
6. To lead and manage significant change within the Service in adapting to the changing requirements of buildings, facilities and service customers.
7. To take a lead in de-carbonising the public estate and ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, customer and the public.
·Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Estates and Asset Management services, valuation, surveying in a Local Government environment with a minimum of 10 years' experience. RICS membership status essential.
·Substantial Estates and Asset Management experience and operational experience in managing complex developments and site assemblies, disposals or Lease events.
·Application and interview Proven track record of leadership and effective management in a Estates and Asset Management environment as well as a high level of commercial awareness
·Track record of managing disposals programmes
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 9387 6052