Salary: up to £45,000 p/a plus package
My client is looking for a procurement specialist who is keen to work within a procurement team within a Joint Venture working in the water industry. This is an interesting role with a wide range of spend categories and procurement activities. The Procurement Team works to support delivery teams throughout Scotland.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to identify and promote programme level opportunities with a view to develop, implement and manage Regional/National Framework Agreements for both supply and services.
- Liaise with the Project and Site Teams to help develop Procurement Plans.
- Ensure the company are compliant with the clients Framework.
- Supplier Performance Management, monthly reporting and developing improvement plans where necessary.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations (RFQ).
- Negotiate commercial terms, conditions, and levels of service (inc. KPI's) with suppliers.
- Ability to bring about and influence business change.
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives and deliver to agreed plans.
- Maintain and enhance IFS and Oracle.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to review and improve processes.
- Take part in internal and external audits where required.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups/training, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
- The role offers flexibility with a mix of home, 2 days per week in the office, and site-based working.
- Line Management experience
- Buying experience
- Commercially astute
- To always carry out your Purchasing duties in-line with the CIPS Ethical Policy
- Proven track record of Microsoft suite of products
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholder
- Able to work to strict timescales
- Able to work as part of a team
- Motivated and resilient
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Fantastic organisational skills
- CIPS or equivalent experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.