Technical Director - EIA (Environmental Impact Assessments)
Location: Flexible / Remote
Salary: £45k-55k depending on skillset and experience
Additional: Over 40 days annual leave, tax-free bonus and flexible working
Employment: Full time permanent
Are you an ambitious and collaborative individual looking to develop and progress your career in the management of environmental assessments for large infrastructure projects?
Carrington West are pleased to be working alongside our client, a South Wales based water and environmental consultancy who are expanding due to continued project wins and increasing workloads. As a result they are looking for a high calibre candidate to join them as Technical Director to lead business development and manage environmental and water management assessments.
This is a key technical and business development role within a successful SME and you would be working closely with the Directors of the firm to grow the business. Successful performance within this role could lead to increased discretionary bonus and potential position as a company Director.
The successful candidate will ideally be chartered with IEMA, CIWEM or ICE. Whilst the role is based out of their South Wales offices, they would be happy to consider remote working arrangements.
To undertake the Project Executive role for the management of water environmental assessments for large infrastructure projects including wind farms, solar farms, hydropower, transport infrastructure and development sites. In this role you will support the Project Manager and be responsible for technical oversight and guidance, review of outputs, implementation of quality, health and safety and contractual processes.
The typical type of outputs for the companies EIA work will include:
- Hydrology, hydrogeology and geology EIA chapters
- Private water supply risk assessments
- Groundwater dependent terrestrial ecosystem assessments
- Surface water management plans
- Pollution prevention and incident plans
- Water quality modelling and water cycle studies
- Peat surveys, peat management plans and peat landslide risk assessments
- Carbon balance assessments
- Water Framework Directive assessments
Additionally you will help to:
- Mentor junior staff towards chartership with CIWEM, IEMA or ICE.
- Undertake line management responsibility for staff, including undertaking annual reviews and setting of personal development and performance objectives.
- Create a good working rapport with other team members, communicating effectively internally and externally to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Represent the company convincingly and with technical authority at a senior level.
- Be fully conversant with the regulatory framework that underpins your work and influence the implementation of the regulatory framework in your area.
- Identify, agree and implement recruitment requirements within your business area.
- Manage your workload and those of your team, usually balancing the requirements of anywhere up to 10 projects simultaneously, to achieve the required quality to budget and programme.
- Undertake the Project Executive role for projects up to £100k in value.
- Bid leader for proposals up to £100k in value.
- Develop a clear understanding of strategic and business needs and priorities and contribute to the formulation of these for your consultancy activities.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to grow your sector of the business and monitor against agreed, realistic growth targets linked to bonus.
On offer is an exceptional benefits package and a salary of £45k-£55k dependant on experience and skillset. Additionally, if you are successful in developing business and growing the team you will have the opportunity to become a company director with responsibility for a sector within the consultancy business.
This is a full time permanent position with an immediate start and interview available for the right calibre candidate.
If you feel the role could be suitable to you then please apply with an updated CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023.
Full job descriptions with technical details of the position can be supplied to successful applicants.