Job Role - Static Mechanical Engineer (Pressure Systems)
Location - Aberdeen
Contract Length - 12 months
Pay Rate - Negotiable (INSIDE IR35)
My client is looking for a qualified mechanical engineer who has firsthand experience in working with pressure systems in the highly regulated industry of Oil + Gas. The right candidate will ideally have experience in both offshore and onshore and over 10 years' experience combined.
- Accountable for providing mechanical engineering support to the offshore production facility and to define and drive short, medium and long term improvements for offshore operations.
- Ensuring that the installation integrity, reliability and availability of the relevant static mechanical equipment is optimised, so that the safety of the asset is maintained, and the production targets can be achieved.
- Provide first line onshore support for the troubleshooting and fault finding and general operations queries related to static mechanical equipment. Day to day delivery of Mechanical Engineering support for site operations related queries/activities/risks to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Support Management of change (MoCs) reviews of plant modifications, as well as being able to review deferral of Safety Critical maintenance and being able to support Operational Risk Assessments for static mechanical related queries.
- Responsible for updating and managing all relevant equipment registers.
- Responsible for providing recommendation for mitigation or repair, including utilising knowledge of available temporary mitigation solutions.
- Ensures completion of anomaly reviews and risk assessments, including code based FFS calculation were applicable, e.g. API579.
- Collaborates with wider Engineering team and Site Engineer to identify longer term engineering solutions to reduce risk.
- Ensures asset Mechanical Engineering risks are understood, controlled and continuously reduced.
- Participates in asset risk assessments.
- Provides Mechanical Engineering support to technical MoCs. Participate in Root Cause Investigations and execute respective actions to improve equipment reliability and availability.
- Identifies production vulnerabilities and optimization opportunities to support production forecast and improved stability.
- Performs follow-up actions and observations from self-verification checks that are related to Mechanical Engineering.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Professional accreditation, e.g. Chartered Engineer (UK).
- Significant experience in either an internal or external engineering role.
- Offshore or onshore experience on an operating site.
- Technical knowledge and experience in engineering, with sound knowledge of the relevant industry codes, standards and regulations and the ability to initiate guidance on the appropriate designs and systems to prevent, control and mitigate risks.