Site Manager - Highways
Are you a Highways Site Manager with experience of the high-speed network or UK Major projects?
Does the idea of collaborating with Major Service Providers to Highways England excite you?
If yes - this could be the move for you!
My client deliver both new build and maintenance schemes for civil infrastructure and highways across the UK, with a multi skilled workforce who can successfully deliver any project from a footpath installation to a full highway construction.
We now looking to appoint a Site Manager to take responsibility for the day to day running of site / project, working with the Contract Manager to ensure that all client timescales are met without exposing the company to risk.
You will take responsibility for the safety, quality and environmental elements of their work sites and the welfare of the employees therein. You will develop the employee resources allocated to the contract and ensure cooperation throughout the team is achieved.
As a Site Manager, it is essential you have the ability to work both nights /days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan be responsible for and co-ordinate site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and their Contracts Manager.
- Keep the associated Site Works Plan(s) / Project Management Plan(s) Construction phase plans up to date
- Ensure all works under their control are carried out safely and that they do not pose a danger to the workers on site, sub-contractors, site visitors or members of the general public
- Organise and deliver associated inductions, pre-start briefings and ongoing toolbox talks, and be able to complete and submit the associated paperwork
- Ensure all works are carried out to the contract specification
- Manage and report on the performance to Contract Manager and QS
- Plan and programme site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and prepare the associated Site Works Plan(s) / Project Management Plan(s)
- Organise & attend Progress meetings
- Organise resources (labour, plant, materials, sub-contractors) on each site to complete the work to plan and programme
- Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable for the tasks being undertaken
- Ensure site related paperwork is completed and issued to the relevant department(s) on a weekly basis
- Ensure that the wage sheets are completed each week
- Monitor working hours, to ensure compliance
- Responsibility for performance of Supervisors and Foremen under their control and to continually appraise and develop their skills
- Organise the delivery of associated pre-start briefings and ongoing toolbox talks, complete and submit the associated paperwork
- Coach and look after new starters, so that they become competent to work alongside a motorway or high-speed road
- Organise training of employees in the various skills required for execution of the works
- Ensure that only trained personnel are used for the activities being undertaken
- Liaise with clients and maintain good business relationships
- Ability to read and interpret site drawings and specifications.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Efficient ordering of Plant & Materials for specific schemes.
- Manage all sub-contractors and site visitors and ensure their safety during works
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 12 months highways experience - working on High Speed Network, Makor Projects.
- Minimum 2 years' experience of Site Manager / Foreman
- Minimum 2 years Civil engineering experience, including Earthworks, Deep Drainage, Concrete slot drains, ducting, kerbing, manholes, crossings, trench boxes.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of NEC Form of Contract
- Good understanding of collaboration
- Permanent position
- Immediate start available
- Location: Newmarket/Cambridge/Ipswich/Colchester
- Salary - £160 per day + 30% uplift for night shifts
- Van and Fuel card,
- Death in service,
- 25 days hols + Bank hols
- Private Healthcare
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.