Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor with rail contractor experience?
Are you looking to develop your career within the civil engineering sector?
My client is an industry-recognised civil engineering contractor with a fantastic work bank including on CP6 for Network Rail. Due to company growth and successes, they are keen to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their already established commercial team.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 P/A
Hours: Core business hours, Monday to Friday
Responsibilities as Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- ·Work effectively within the commercial team and report directly to the Commercial Director.
- ·Deliver commercial management on minor civils railway projects.
- ·Support internal teams with bid submissions.
- ·Advise on risk and opportunity when reviewing client contracts documents.
- ·Effective cost management of projects through accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- ·Make and chase client payments when required.
- ·Prepare applications and orders by cooperating with the wider business.
- ·Final account preparation, review, hand over and close.
- ·Cost control and change management.
- ·Prepare weekly cash flows.
The ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor will:
- ·Must possess a BSc in or equivalent to Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or Project Management.
- ·Must have a proven background of working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the railway industry.
- ·Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to speak to stakeholders of all levels.
- ·Be proactive and efficient, able to carry out work to completion.
- ·Be computer literate, including Microsoft Office Word & Excel.
- ·Hold a full driving license
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and contact Amy on 02393876044