Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Hampshire (split home-working)
Annual Salary: Up to £75,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Car allowance of up to £5.5k
Other: Company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market. They specialise in work within the water sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Survey who will report directly to the Head of Commercial and will be a key role within the business; being both client facing and also responsible for managing the wider commercial team.
- Team management, growth and mentoring
- Reporting internally and externally
- Subcontractor management
- Change management
- Client Liaison
- While the role is predominately a management one, given the size of the organisation and team, it will have a significant hands-on element and the successful candidate should expect to involve themselves in all roles within the team.
Key skills and attributes:
- Excellent commercial acumen, including qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Strategic team management
- Experienced in reporting
- Strong working knowledge of contracts, including NEC, with experience of variety of forms
- Proficient in MS Excel, particularly in respect of large datasets
- Experience of the Utilities sector, preferably water
- Experience of extensive and complex Schedules of Rates
- Management of high volume and low value contracts with multiple work flows
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.