Carrington West's dedicated Town and Country Planning Recruitment Team operate UK wide and we are delighted to be assisting our client with their search for a Senior Development Management Officer to join a Local Authority client of ours in Devon on an initial 3-month contract (Then Rolling).
Initial work will be remote based, however, you must be prepared to travel for any necessary site visits every 3 weeks.
We are looking for someone who has previous Development Management experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation. The role will require the following:
·Delivery of a range of developments from initial enquiry to completion.
·Largely minor and complex minors applications, although there will be some householder proposals, small residential and business schemes, changes of use, advertisements, work to trees and more.
·Initial planning investigation work, appeals, certificate of lawfulness applications and permitted development enquiries.
1. To manage the delivery of minor development projects from inception to completion.
2. To provide advice and guidance to customers seeking to undertake minor development projects.
3. To undertake site visits and attend site meetings in order to evaluate development projects and discuss development options with customers.
4. To liaise with Building Control and other officers of the Council to ensure that minor development projects can be delivered.
5. To process the regulatory applications that are necessary to deliver minor development projects.
6. To calculate the Community Infrastructure Levy for qualifying projects
7. To manage appeals (including those relating to enforcement matters) from receipt to decision dealt with under either the Written Representations Procedure or via Informal Hearing.
8. To investigate complaints regarding unauthorised development and undertake enforcement action as appropriate.
9. To attend committee meetings, other meetings with elected members and meetings with resident's groups and neighbourhood forums as required.
10. To respond to general planning and property related enquiries on site, in person at the Civic Centre or via letter, e-mail or telephone.
11. To assist in the identification of appropriate sites for specific development enquiries and work alongside more senior officers in bringing these sites forward for development.
12. To assist in the production of written policy formulated to deliver good development.
13. To assist more senior case officers in the management of more complex development projects from inception to completion.
14. To assist colleagues in facilitating neighbourhood planning, preparing and monitoring the SHLAA and delivering the Council's Infrastructure Delivery Plan as required.
15. To contribute fully to the provision of an excellent service to personal callers and telephone enquiries throughout the working day.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience in a similar role ad hold a degree & professional qualification in Town & Country planning or a related discipline. For the purpose of site visits, it would be beneficial to have a Full Clean Driving License with access to a car.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35 to £40 per/hour (DOE)
Job Ref - 35576
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you