Job Role - Mechanical Engineer (Senior)
Location - Cumbria
Duration - 12 Months
Pay Rate - £41.23 Umbrella
This role will require you to report to the lead mechanical engineer and hold the responsibility for overseeing the design of package equipment including liaising with the third party company.
- Nuclear experience in a senior mechanical engineer role
- Minimum 10 years mechanical experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong competence in delivery of detail design under own supervision reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Support Area Lead Engineer in mechanical delivery and vendor support to packages of work, liaise with the Construction and Commissioning teams to ensure correct installation and set to work.
- A working knowledge of SL standards and procedures
- Input to risk assessments and OIMS.
- Ability to perform mechanical design calculations, produce technical specifications and requisitions, datasheets, perform technical bid evaluations.
- Checking of design documentation
- HNC minimum.
This role will require the candidate to have or obtain BPSS clearance as a non-negotiable.