Senior Environmental Advisor
Role: Senior Environmental Advisor (Utilities)
Location: Enfield / North London
Salary: Up to £60k depending on skillset and experience
Additional: Car allowance £5.5k
Type: Full-time permanent
Are you an experienced Environmental Advisor with experience in the water or waste water sectors looking for fresh challenge and opportunity to develop your career?
If so we may have the perfect role for you. We are currently working on exciting new opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of services across London and the South East of England.
They are looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to support on construction activities taking place on a daily basis across a variety of sites.
- Take a strategic lead in the sustainability strategy for the business.
- Lead advisor for environmental issues on projects including design and construction stages.
- Manage early schemes through the Environment Impact Assessment process to obtain planning permission prior to works and satisfy planning requirements.
- Liaise with stakeholders to obtain licenses and consents for individual contracts and ensure compliance with these at all times.
- Provide support to the project teams to ensure all management plans, and associated documentation are produced in accordance with the project programme
- Deliver environment and sustainability training to all levels within the project team.
- Carry out key project environmental inspections/audits.
- Review ongoing environmental issues on projects to make sure work is being completed in accordance with the relevant standards, legislation and contract requirements.
- Ensure environmental minimum requirements are met with the adoption and sharing of best practise and lessons learned shared across the business/industry.
- Manage subcontractors and specialist consultants to ensure their compliance with project requirements.
- Carry out incident investigations to assess root causes of incidents and share lessons learned within the business.
- Carry out inspections, audits and third party audits on suppliers.
- Liaise with the community to look for engagement opportunities and mediate issues.
- Worked in a similar role or position previously.
- Degree in Environmental discipline.
- Practitioner member of IEMA.
- Effective communicator with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literate with excellent report writing skills.
We expect this role to prove popular so if you feel you could be well suited to the position, please apply asap with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.