Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Essex in their search for a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to join their Town Planning Department. This will be offered on an initial 3-6-month contract, then rolling.
The authority are looking for support with a backlog of cases; due to the nature of the authority, having experience in a rural authority would be beneficial although not mandatory.
We are looking for an experienced Enforcement Officer with recent local authority experience and the ability to hit the ground running in picking up their own caseload, carrying out investigations and writing reports. This is a customer-focused role so you must be able to communicate clearly and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders. Role requirements include:
- Good knowledge and experience of the GPDO and general Planning Enforcement legislation.
- Experience in carrying out Site Inspections.
- Experience with a wide range of breaches covering - unauthorised development, breaches of condition, changes of use, Section 215 Untidy Sites and TPO cases.
- Experience drafting Enforcement Notices and associated Reports/Memos
- Ideally (Although not mandatory) experience dealing with Listed Buildings cases and Listed Building Notices.
Our client is willing to offer a flexible working situation, with an expectation of site visits being required once a week.
Interviews are due to take place imminently, if this post is of interest, please do get in touch at your earliest convenience to discuss. Further details are available upon request.
It would be beneficial to have a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in town planning and be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
Carrington West Pay Rate - £40p/h (DOE)
Job Ref - 33585
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.