Are you looking for a new role as a Senior Civil Design Engineer in the Rail sector?
Do you want to work for an engineering company that will give you the opportunity to work with clients TfW, TRU, and HS2?
My client is a fast-growing engineering group whose workload is steadily growing. As a result, they are looking for senior civil design engineer to join their rail design team.
The role involves design, detail and produce of technical drawings for the successful approval of rail civil infrastructure constructions, on projects with clients like TfW, TRU, HS2, etc.
My client is keen to train up and put their employees through chartership.
Areas of work include:
- Signalling/OLE foundations.
- Geotechnical works.
- Bridge Design.
- Level crossings.
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience.
Location: York or Lankashire office, 2-3 days per week.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Time and a half for anything over 4 hours.
- For Saturday shifts, it is 12-hour shift paid as a minimum. For example, you can work 2 hours on the Saturday, and you will still receive time and a half for a 12 hour shift.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers, and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high-quality reports in English.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- A civil or structural engineering degree.
- Good, practical health and safety awareness.
- 4-5 years' graduate experience.
- Experience working within a rail civils environment. Ancillary/lineside civils or structures.
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
- Working towards chartership, if not already Chartered.
Interviews will be conducted via Teams within a week of application.
How to apply:
Email your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 9387 6068.