Job Role - Quality Engineer
Location - Avonmouth, Bristol
Contract Length - 12 months
Pay Rate - £350 a day (INSIDE)
The right candidate for this role will be able to provide a level of independent assurance of the offshore works undertaken by both the client and its supply chain by confirming compliance within the applicable statutory, industry and contractual requirements to enable the organisation to complete task successfully.
- To comply with accepted Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) by undertaking inspections and tests where required to verify the works are carried out correctly to assure compliance with design, specifications, and drawings, or any Works Information requirements, including correction of any defects.
- confirm compliance with the Works Information
- maintain confidence in the competencies of its supply chain
- meet the requirements for handover and
- to drive a process of continuous improvement of the management system and contractual procedures.
- Monitoring, inspection, data capture, investigation of findings, trend analysis and document review to be carried out at appropriate intervals to ensure random sampling of issues and activities undertaken on a regular basis.
- challenge systems and processes as means to ensure best practice and continual improvement
Key Required Skills:
- Experience of Major Civil Engineering projects, preferably in marine and offshore.
- Experience reading technical reinforcement drawings and in concrete technology
- CSCS Card Holder
- UK/EU National or holder of Security Clearance (this can be obtained with the role)
- Knowledge and experience of working to UK and international standards
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts Demonstrates initiative and resilience.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Engineering related degree or a formal qualification in Quality Management e.g. Diploma in Quality Management (UK Chartered Quality Institute, British Standards Institute or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in construction and/or manufacturing within the UK Nuclear sector Trained ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and/or Internal Auditor
- Quality subject matter expertise and proven track record in Quality Management Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQP MCQI)