PTC Thingworx / Scada Engineer
- Posted 20 April 2023
- Salary £68k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineUtilities, Power & Telecoms
- Contact NameAsh Foroozandeh
PTC Thingworx / SCADA Engineer
Full Time - Flexible working (Hybrid) - Salary - up to 68k + Benefits
Location : Reading, Berkshire
Are you a senior developer engineer looking for a new exciting challenge, my client is one of the Uk's leading energy providers. They are looking to build a new team and looking to join the future of battery storage and large scale connections. The Candidate will be directly reporting to the Technology Development Manager you will be responsible for the software development and software lifecycle of the Enhance Optimisation Platform delivering optimisation services for the Distributed Energy Business. The ideal candidate would have experience of PTC ThingWorx, Realtime systems and the energy industry ideally within delivery of Demand Energy Resource Management Systems.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of the Enhance solution.
- Develop code and programs to optimise out client as a Service Platform (EaaS) and associated industrial gateway devices. Build efficient secure API's between our client and external integrated systems.
- Create enriched ThingWorx User Interfaces contextualising information for managing and monitoring the EaaS platform.
- Develop and manage long term plan for source code management.
- Manage software testing and end to end testing of digital products.
- Automate the provisioning and management of our systems infrastructure.
- Significant experience of with PTC ThingWorx and IIoT Technologies. (Must Have)
- Experience in industrial connectivity and developing API's.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and industrial control systems.
- Good knowledge of the power industry, NGESO and distributed assets, markets, codes, technologies and compliance requirements.
- An understanding of battery operations and generation types.
- A track-record for developing high quality solutions for complex projects meeting all deliverables.
- Experience with Distributed Energy Resource management systems (DERMS)
Be proactive and can translate user cases and stories into functional and non functional specifications.
Please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02394314784.