Project Manager - Utilities
Role: Project Manager - Water / Wastewater
Location: Thames Water region
Salary: Up to £65k (depending on skillset and experience)
Additional: Company Vehicle / Car allowance
Type: Full-time permanent
Are you an experienced Project Manager with a proven background in the utilities sector looking for fresh challenge and opportunity to further develop your career?
If so we may have the perfect role for you. We are currently working on exciting new opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of services across London and the South East of England.
They are looking for a Project Manager to support managing multiple civil engineering projects on Water/ Wastewater sites, from initial inception to final completion. The PM will provide engineering and management support to the site team and liaise between the principal designer and the site team. The PM will be required to manage developing the scopes of works, developing site documents as per company requirements i.e., RAMS, QMP, EMP, CPP in order to progress the project to Construction Stage.
- Project and Design Management
- Formulate and implement procurement strategy
- Monitoring the activities and performance of Project
- Prepare Monthly Client Progress Reports
- Record all changes to client requirements and scope of services
- Safe, effective and right first-time delivery of the specific contract's requirements
- Training and development of supervisory and operational employees to ensure the accurate availability of competent staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant client representatives, supply chain and local authorities
- Manage contractual issues arising with client and sub-contractors
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor and site management to co-ordinate work programs
- Developing and managing contract SHEQ documentation
- Assist with all commercial aspects and monitor contract costs
- Ability to lead project management commissions, act as the key day to day client interface, ensuring objectives are met and project delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of civil construction techniques and best practices
- Demonstrate previous experience as a Project Manager for a civil engineering contracting organization i.e. 5 years minimum Project Management experience in the UK.
- Experience in managing utilities projects in wastewater/ clean water/ deep drainage i.e. shafts/ headings
- Experience in temporary works coordination - TWC
- Experience in using Microsoft Project or P6
- Ability to produce, manage and implement safe schemes of work for construction procedures i.e. RAMS/CPP
- Ability to produce, manage and drive SHEQ on each project
- An understanding of commercial issues in undertaking small and medium sized works
- Ability and confidence to raise, discuss and resolve engineering issues on site, and with design engineers
- Good knowledge of current civil engineering standards in with wastewater (specifically Sewers for Adoption) and Water Industry Specifications (WIS)
We expect this role to prove popular so if you feel you could be well suited to the position, please apply asap with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.