Project Manager (Mechanical and Electrical)
Up to £55,000 p/a + Benefits
My client, a specialist contractor covering mechanical and electrical services within the water industry are currently looking for a Project Manager with water industry experience to join their team in a permanent position.
This opportunity is available due to their recent expansion and success winning multiple projects related to the water industry, typically projects rang between £5k-£10m.
You will be responsible for delivering works and projects on time and in budget and making sure that works are carried out to company and customer's satisfaction in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensure the specified projects deliver the engineering requirements, to the agreed standards and specifications
- Creating quote activity in line with the company targets
- working alongside the buyer to get best price of materials & equipment
- Specify and lead the outputs from design teams, contractors and suppliers
- Liaise with operational teams to ensure internal delivery requirements are achieved
- Ensuring that client relationships are maintained and developed
- Interpret the project needs and requirements·Determine project specifications by studying product designs, customer requirements and performance standards
- Complete report writing and specification requirements
- Ensure the outputs required from the supply chain are identified and managed
- Delivering the Project in line with budget and time constraints
- Managing site teams.
- Assist in preparation of contract documents, specifications and commercial estimates.
- Producing RAMS documents within agreed time-scales.
- Industrial engineering experience - ie water industry, MEICA, civils
- Proven experience as a Project Manager and delivery of an allocated project portfolio appropriate to levels of competence and experience
- Experience in the design and delivery of projects
- Experience in managing CDM sites and working on CDM sites
- Experience in delivering under NEC contracts
- Capable of effectively managing more than one project at any one time, depending on complexity
- Capable of effectively managing teams, including employees and subcontractors
- Understanding of project governance procedures and commercial aspects of projects
- Experience in managing clients and internal / external stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CDM Awareness (ideally SSSTS or SMSTS)
- CSCS card
- Driving licence
- Temporary Works Coordinator (desirable)
- HNC / HND level qualifications (desirable)
- NEC contract training (desirable)
- APMP / PRINCE (desirable)
If you are interested, you can apply on online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on email@example.com