Project Manager - Highways VRS
My client is a specialist fencing civil engineering contractor, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality products and services that spans vehicle restraint systems, security electric fencing, environmental fencing, pedestrian guardrails, railings and gates.
Established over 20 years ago the company have grown steadily, investing in itself and its clients to become the widely respected civil engineering contractor it is today.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Project Manager within the Highways sector, to work alongside the operations team based on the South Coast.
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive highways experience, preferably with strong knowledge of VRS (vehicle restraint systems), highways fencing, although this is not essential as training and mentoring will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Management of projects that vary in size from £1k to £1m from pre-start to completion
- Travel to sites across the South Coast as high as Surrey/London
- Keep and maintain accurate site records
- Manage the direct site staff, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards
- Liaise with clients and other members of the supply chain community
- Work alongside the QS and commercial staff to manage costs throughout the progress of projects
- Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Experience within the highways industry as a minimum
- Excellent knowledge of civils, groundworks
- Knowledge of VRS systems (vehicle restrain systems), parapets and fencing preferred
- Distinctive and recognised experience as a project manager
- Lives within an easy commute of Chichester area
- Enthusiastic about the industry and the company
- Experience with excel and other standard ICT software
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Company pick up truck
- Career progression and training on offer
- Excellent company benefits
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways Delivery & Construction professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745530959 for more information.