What we need:
Carrington West are assisting our client, a local authority based in the South East, who are looking for a skilled experienced transport professional to lead on the management and delivery of major local transport projects. Applicants will get the best out of the people and projects they oversee and will thrive in a local authority environment, planning, organising and leading projects and project teams.
What you will do:
- Client managing the design and implementation of major capital transport projects to tight timescales and financial constraints
- Administration of project budgets
- Liaising with a senior professionals in private and public sectors
- Attending project meetings with a range of relevant parties including, developers, consultants and district officers
- Implementing the corporate strategic plan objectives
- Negotiation and procurement of third party land.
- Conforming to corporate and departmental equalities and health and safety procedures and applying them to day to day job requirements
What your responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of major transport schemes from the post planning stage.
- Draft, issue and manage task orders including design, environmental, legal and estates requirements.
- Collate and update project management financial and monitoring information
- Report and escalate to management and Project Boards
- Identify, assign and actively manage risks
- Coordinate internal and third party project resources
- Review and update project communications
- Problem solving and logical decision making
- Prioritise workload to ensure effective time management
Who you will communicate with:
- Communicating and consulting with the public, elected members and a wide range of local interest groups
- Attending committee meetings, public meetings and workshops. Writing and presenting reports to committees and elected members
- Submitting written and verbal expenditure, project progression and consultation reports to panels and committees
- Producing technical reports and briefs to local authorities, consultants, other organisations and key stakeholders
What you will need to succeed:
- Degree level education (or equivalent).
- Professional accreditation (e.g. chartered or incorporated).
- Proven transport project and client management skills and experience
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Proven project leadership and supervisory skills
- High level of political awareness and sensitivity
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate policies and strategies
- Knowledge of legislative and regulative context
- Developed negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Up-to-date transport implementation, highway engineering and planning policy knowledge and technical awareness.
What to do now:
If you are interested in this job and fit the criteria described, please send us your application today.
Please note, only applicants with previous TRANSPORT and HIGHWAYS project management experience will be considerd, not project management experience from other industries.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.