Project Manager - Highways & Civils
Are you a Project Manager with proven Highways Experience now seeking a new opportunity in the Hants area?
Does the idea of working for an industry leader contractor who offers strong long term prospects and a fantastic benefits package appeal to you?
If yes, I'd be keen to hear from you.
My client is an industry leading Civil Engineering contractor based in the South, who provide a comprehensive range of civil engineering, rail and environmental services with specialist expertise in highways maintenance to government agencies, main contractors, local councils and other private clients.
From bridge reconstruction to groundworks, drainage schemes to vehicle restraint systems, they plan, build, repair, maintain, refurbish, and recycle throughout their organisation and have built a solid reputation for reliability and exceptional service delivery.
I am now looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager in the Winchester area, to work closely with the Contracts Manager and Site Agent to deliver multiple schemes.
Already experienced within Highways and construction, you will have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills, able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
Project Management Duties:
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records including completing and promptly returning end of shift reports, recording and reporting changes in scope of work and completing and promptly returning all receipts, GRNs, tickets
- Monitor all works against specifications and the programme to ensure continuing quality and accuracy of work performed
- Promptly rectify and report problems and defects and regularly plan and review overalls status of project(s) with Contracts Manager and Site Agent
- Take ownership of multiple projects, leading delivery teams to manage risk ensuring work is completed safely, on time and within budget, to deliver work profitably and sustainably
- Ensure accurate implementation of all engineering controls and compliance with the contract drawings and specification
- Ensure all projects are contractually and commercially managed, including responsibility for ensuring all contractual timescales are adhered to
- Deputise for the Contracts Manager, as required, providing appropriate commercial information to promote informed decision-making.
- Make sure all works delivered represent value for money and ensure that fair and effective commercial management processes are implemented and maintained
- Support the commercial team in final account negotiations and settlements of the contracts and support the team with the contract close out.
- Manage change by being flexible, responsive and an effective problem solver
- Support Site Agents with HR duties and train and develop others within the team through training, risk assessments, method statement briefings and overseeing the delivery of timely tool box talks and daily task briefings
- Communicate effectively throughout the day and encourage and act on both internal and external feedback including complaints
- Lead meetings, drive innovation and efficiencies
- Take ownership alongside the commercial teams of financial forecasting, monitoring and the control of project costs, driving cost reporting and commercial awareness, while always challenging the status quo
- Plan projects while ensuring they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for site teams to deliver projects without delays, while driving best value
- Ensure projects are delivered in compliance with group policies and procedures
- Arrange tender handover and deliver pre-start meetings to the site teams
- Ensure the proper use, commercial engagement and management of the supply chain
- Take the lead for maintaining close liaison with operations and commercial managers for Project Controls, Change Management, Planning, Risk Management, Finance and Procurement.
- Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning is carried out, and that lookahead programmes are in place
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate
records of any discussions and actions
- Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design to meet the
requirements of each project and lead all actions to solve technical difficulties and improve performance in terms of progress and quality
- Manage and drive team and individual performance to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Oversee and ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Social Management documents and procedures are implemented on each project by site teams,
- Undertake senior manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with the necessary parties
- Ensure the order of materials is in a timely way and control usage, storage and wastage
- Promote the highest possible standards of leadership when implementing procedures and best practice
- Proactively promote continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure safe systems of work are well developed, briefed and implemented by the site teams in line with the Group Business Management System
- Liaise with third parties to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
Qualifications and Training:
- Relevant industry qualification: NVQ/HNC/HND/BEng or equivalent experience
- Construction Manager's CSCS card (Level 6 and above)
- CSCS 5-day safety qualification (SMSTS)
- Temp Works Co-Ordinator
Salary on offer is in the region of £55,000 per annum with a fully expensed company car and fantastic benefits packages including; healthcare, pension and high street discounts.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Delivery and Construction professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745 530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.