An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to come and join a busy Traffic & Transportation Team in South Yorkshire. The project manager is responsible for delivering effective co-ordination of the service's transport projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
The individual appointed as engineering project manager must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role. The balance of skills required of a project manager often changes as the project develops from project conception to driving through its implementation.
The main duties of the experienced Project Manager are:
- Planning and designing the project and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Regular reporting and progress updates to programme manager
- manage the project's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs and expenditure
- Be able to negotiate and liaise with external consultants/detailed designers and suppliers to ensure best value and delivery
The skills and attributes the experienced Project Manager will have are:
- Experience managing external consultants and contractors to deliver against agreed programme and budgets
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management methodologies such MSP, PRINCE2, Association of Project Managers (APM) and/or Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Preferably good experience of NEC contracts with experience procurement frameworks within the transport sector.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.