Role: Project Engineer - Construction & Utilities
Location: London and South East
Salary: £35k-£45k (dependent on skillset and experience)
Type: Permanent / Full-time
Hours: 45 hours per week
Additional: Company van, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with experience in the construction, utilities or civils sectors looking for fresh challenge and opportunity to develop your career?
If so we may have the perfect role for you. We are currently working on exciting new opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of services across London and the South East of England. They are looking for a Project Engineer to take responsibility for overseeing completion of construction works, ensuring that work is completed accurately and within agreed tolerances.
In addition, you will help to monitor the quality of works and prepare and collate final documentation for all projects both for company records and submission to clients.
- Setting out and dimensional control of the works
- Production and maintenance of drawing registers
- Recording data and maintaining site records
- Checking drawings and designs for accuracy and specification compliance
- Quality control of constructed works
- Production and maintenance of test and inspection plans
- Production of site health and safety documentation and positive positive approach to health, safety and environmental issues
- Produce accurate 'as-built' drawings of the constructed works
- Ensure surveying equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation on construction issues
- A minimum of three years experience working for a Company involved in civil engineering (or building involving civil engineering or groundworks).
- Able to use a variety of surveying instruments and be able to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Temporary Works Supervision
- Utilities SHEA (Water/Gas/Electric) Network
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- Deep excavation knowledge
- First Aid
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel & Project
- Effective communication skills
We expect this role to prove popular so if you feel you could be well suited to the position, please apply asap with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.