Job Role - Nuclear Engineer (Submarine/Defence)
Location - Derby/Sheffield (some hybrid but team development dependent)
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - Dependent on seniority (£40 - £60)
This role will require the successful applicant to have tangible and relevant experiences in the design and substantiation within the submarine and defence sectors.
The role will also accept applications from candidates that are mid-level to senior as long as they have experience in the above sectors and knowledge of nuclear components on such projects.
Due to the nature of this project I am only able to accept candidates that have a sole UK nationality or currently hold UK Nuclear clearances.
- A strong foundation in Mechanical Engineering principles and their application in the nuclear industry
- Track record of delivering technical solutions
- You will have produced designs and calculations to demonstrate acceptable performance and authored key technical documentation.
- You are comfortable liaising with, and influencing, your stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- You will be used to / comfortable with supporting our Quality Assurance process through review or checking colleagues' work and presenting your findings / work to clients.
- Your experience will be throughout the complete project lifecycle and you'll have direct experience of applying a range of engineering principles and skills to deliver successful project outcomes, with specific examples of working on technical challenges, and, direct accountability for quality and technical performance of engineering projects.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Nuclear sector experience of engineering (design, analysis, technical substantiation).
- Nuclear industry knowledge and safety case appreciation
- Familiar with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry (ASME, Eurocodes, BS EN13001, RCC-M etc)
- High integrity mechanical handling equipment (Nuclear de-fuelling/fuelling/waste manoeuvring etc.)
- Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the input requirements
- Production and checking of designs and calculations to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues
- Production of key technical documentation - Calculations, Design reports etc
This role is a fantastic opportunity to get to work on one of the best engineering projects in the UK with one of the largest consultancies across Europe. It will go fast so please do feel free to give me a call on 02393 876037 or email me on email@example.com.