An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced NRSWA Inspector to come and join a busy client in the East Midlands.
The main duties of the NRSWA Inspector are:
- Carry out core and sample inspections of works undertaken on the highway to ensure compliance with relevant Acts, codes of practice, the clients policies, contract specifications and required quality standards.
- Carry out inspections to ensure compliance with permits, licences and legal notices for skips, scaffolding, hoardings, 'A' boards and obstructions on the highway.
- Carry out inspections to ensure correct procedures are followed in relation to road closures and associated traffic diversions.
- Liaise with Permit Scheme Technicians and the Permit & Enforcement Manager to ensure that streetworks across the Borough are well coordinated to minimise disruption to users of the highway.
- Investigate and resolve where possible issues raised in relation to streetworks and provide feedback to members of the public and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with statutory undertakers and other contractors/developers to report on works progress and to track outstanding works.
- Monitor duration of works on the highway, agree extensions where necessary and provide evidence of Section 74 overrun charges to Permit Technicians.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.