- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary £34k - 38k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineUtilities, Power & Telecoms
- Contact NameRichard Walker
Mobile Plant Fitter
Location: Horsham (will require travel between Kent, Hampshire and Sussex regions)
Hours: Permanent, 45 hours
Annual Salary: Up to £38,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Company van provided for use during work hours
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market.
They are currently looking for a Mobile Plant Fitter with excellent communication skills, good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Well versed in the cosmetic and working systems of plant and vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. A work van and tools will be provided that will operate out of their Horsham depot.
Plant specific training will be given if required.
- Repair and maintenance of all plant across company patch, attend call-outs and schedule maintenance.
- Repair any transport damage if applicable and able.
- Utilise fault finding skills.
- Preventative and scheduled maintenance.
- Welding activities when necessary.
- Dealing with breakdowns, unplanned problems and repairs.
- Check functionality of safety systems.
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly.
- Liaise with the transport team weekly for administration purposes and time keeping.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge of plant related mechanics.
- Be able to assess vehicle issues and repair as required.
- Experience in repairing/maintaining industrial machinery.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems would be advantageous.
- Welding skills.
- Good problem-solving.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.