Job Role - Mechanical Facility/Plant Engineer
Location - Reading
Contract Length - 12 Months
Pay Rates - Negotiable (Market Averages)
My client is looking to speak with candidates that have knowledge and expertise as a facility/plant engineer in the heavily regulated of nuclear and defence.
The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of the industry and be comfortable working to the safety requirements of the industry.
- Demonstration of safe, effective, and ethical working behavior
- Adherence to management system requirements for engineering
- Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards, and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures.
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning, and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility.
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures.
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards.
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management.
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering.
- HNC with experience preferable
- Building services or Plant/equipment
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Plant and Engineered Systems
- Project Management
- Hazard Identification and Risk Control
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to get UK nuclear clearances so candidates with existing clearances will be considered first. To obtain these clearances you will need to have sole UK citizenship so please bare this in mind when applying.