A long-term contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Site Engineer to join a multi-national civil consultancy. If successful, you'll be working for a multi-million-pound business, specializing in design, consultancy and site supervision of largescale construction projects within the maritime industry. This is a long-term contract opportunity which is based full time on site. This position falls OUTSIDE IR35.
The Site Engineer would have previous experience in construction industry with previous port and harbour experience. You will be based on London Gateway Port site in Corringham carrying out supervision of the principal contractor currently constructing the marine part of a container terminal. The Site Engineer will be carrying-out duties under direct supervision of the Resident Engineer who will guide and direct the site team in terms of liaising with the Client and the Contractor on a daily basis, attend meetings, carry out regular site visits and write reports for the head office in the UK.
Responsibilities and duties
- Review and supervision of pile driving and pile installation activities
- Review and supervision of dredging works carried-out by the Contractor on site
- Conduct site inspection on a regular basis to monitor ongoing construction and testing activities and provide feedback to the Resident Engineer
- Checking the concrete works carried-out by the Contractor in accordance with the Contract requirements both pre- and post-placing the concrete
- Checking the steelworks carried-out by the Contractor in accordance with the Contract requirements
- Review and commenting on contractor technical submissions such as correspondence, design documents, Risk Assessments, Method statements, As-Builts, Commissioning Reports, etc. and prepare draft responses for the Resident Engineer's review
- Review the Contractor's progress against the approved programme and report any delays to the Resident Engineer on a regular basis
- Proactively manage non-compliance observations made on site
- Attend and participate in onsite meetings with the Contractor, the Client and site team
- Attend and participate in off-site testing as may be necessary and directed by the Resident Engineer
- Ensure that the Contractor complies with their own H&S syste
- Ensure the Contractor adhere to procedures set out in the testing plan
- Review the Contractor's monthly applications for payment and provide input for the Resident Enginee
- Review Contractor's claims and provide feedback to the Resident Engineer
- Produce draft daily / weekly / monthly reports to support the UK head office
- Provide technical assistance to the site team
- Keep site diary, take photos and other site records as required
- Report to the Resident Engineer on all site-related observations
Qualifications and Requirements
- Civil Engineering qualification necessary
- Minimum of 5 years site experience working on large scale construction projects
- Dredging works experience
- Work experience with piles drilling / installation both on and off shore including
- Experience with concrete works
- Supervisory skills
- Administrative skills such as report writing, Microsoft office skills in Excel, Word, Project, Outlook
- Professional attitude, team oriented approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Good data analysis and interpretation skills
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.