Job Title - Highways Managing Quantity Surveyor
Salary - Up to £85,000
Location - Colchester
Are you ready to lead in shaping the future of highways? My client is on the lookout for a skilled and motivated Managing Quantity Surveyor to play a pivotal role in their dynamic civil engineering organisation.
About the company:
At the company, there is a commitment to delivering exceptional transportation solutions across the UK. Join a team of dedicated professionals working on projects across various frameworks, making a real impact on the future of transportation.
The Role and Responsibilities:
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor at the firm, the selected individual will:
- Manage the commercial function on allocated projects, overseeing a team of 2, and playing a key role in mentoring and developing team members to their full potential.
- Ensure high-quality commercial services, including interim and final accounts, sub-contract procurement, and supply chain management.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts of contract turnover and profitability, reporting on variances and potentials monthly.
- Co-ordinate the production of monthly site reports, advising the wider team on commercial and contractual matters.
- Provide contractual and commercial advice for tenders and attend tender adjudications where appropriate.
- Review planned workload against available commercial resources and interview external candidates.
- Ensure optimal cash flow, positive where possible, and provide annual job reviews for commercial staff.
- Company Car scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance cover
- 25 days Annual Leave (with an additional birthday day off)
- Enhanced Paternity & Maternity packages
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Practical experience as a Managing Quantity Surveyor in a civil engineering environment, ideally working on large highway projects.
- Building relationships and communicating effectively at all levels within and outside the team.
- Data-led decision-making, ensuring strategic project management.
- Navigating conflicting priorities adeptly with excellent organizational skills.
- Thriving in adverse situations with a creative problem-solving approach.
- Responding to changing priorities with determination, demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Setting high standards and serving as a role model for others.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.email@example.com for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.