Job Title: Highways Site Engineer
Location: Essex, UK
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
My client is experiencing recent successes, prompting the need for an experienced Site Engineer to join the major projects division for a scheme in Essex. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate setting out, engineering control, and quality management for construction activities on the project. Candidates should possess experience in Highway Civil Engineering or a related sector.
- Undertakes accurate setting out and engineering control in compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
- Provides engineering support to the project team, interpreting plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces risk assessments and method statements for the safe execution of works.
- Ensures work is executed safely, meeting legal health & safety and environmental compliance.
- Conducts quality checks following inspection and test plans, maintaining records as per the contract quality plan.
- Maintains contemporaneous records for handover, including daily site diaries, as-built records, and quality records.
Qualifications and experience:
- Highways site engineer experience
- Relevant CSCS card.
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Relevant construction qualifications.
- Setting out and engineering experience in major civil engineering and Highway sector projects.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good engineering and quality management skills.
- Knowledge of highways specifications and testing regimes.
- Competency in setting out techniques and equipment use.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Previous experience with NEC contracts.
- IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and other system applications.
- Understanding of bill of quantities.
- A team player with good time management.
- Possessing a strong work ethic and the ability to work within a team.
- Willingness to learn and excellent communication skills.
- A problem solver with good analytical capability.
- Flexible, adaptable, and versatile.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open, and reliable.
- Motivated by results and committed to business success.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.