Job Title: Highways Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £50,000
My Client, a leading specialist contractor for the management of concrete structures and buildings in the UK, is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their award-winning team. With over 65 years of excellence, My Client is dedicated to setting industry standards through professional, innovative services.
At the company, employees are valued, and a range of benefits is offered to support their professional and personal development:
- Award-Winning Projects
- Private Pension Plan, with employer contribution matching of up to 7%
- 26 days Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum for community projects
- Private Health Care Scheme
- Health Assured: Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Continuous Training & Development
- Professional Membership Subscriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Evening Class/Hobby Allowance
As a Quantity Surveyor at My Client, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all contractual and financial aspects of construction projects, ensuring governance and profitability in each venture.
- Manages and extends commercial relationships with clients and the supply chain
- Subcontract management, including placing orders and payments
- Provides accurate commercial reporting for effective project management
- Prepares and estimates contractual changes and variations
- Prepares and agrees interim valuations and final accounts
- Assists with contract programming and planning
- Ensures professionalism, integrity, and quality are maintained
- Undertakes any other duties as reasonably required
- Quantity surveying experience within highways
- Maintains a working knowledge of current main construction contract forms (i.e., NEC 3 & 4 / JCT)
- Has a keen attention to detail while prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Approaches communication with Clients, Supply Chain & Colleagues in a collaborative manner
- Has experience managing the commercial function on construction contracts
- Holds a Full UK Driver's Licence
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.email@example.com for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.