Highway Lighting Electrician
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary £29k - 31.9k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineHighways, Transport & Infrastructure
- Contact NamePatrick Gray
Highway Lighting Electrician
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Highway Lighting Electrician to join our team in the Bristol & North Somerset area. As a Highway Lighting Electrician, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and installation operations on existing highway electrical equipment.
Key Responsibilities: - Conduct highway lighting maintenance operations on existing highway electrical equipment and new installations. - Ensure work is carried out safely and to the correct standards. - Communicate effectively with peers, client representatives, and the public. - Take personal responsibility for work produced and make decisions when necessary. - Work independently and as part of a team. - Work in an outside environment all year round.
- Level 2 and Level 3 certificate in Highway Electrical work or equivalent qualification such as C&G 236 part 1 and 2.
- NVQ Level 3 in Highway Electrical Work.
- Current edition of BS7671.
- Current NRSWA qualification - units 1-6 & 8.
- A Current full Driving Licence up to 7.5t.
- A Current IPAF Licence (1b).
- Willingness to work in an outside environment all year round.
- HESA (Highway Electrical Skills Academy)
- HESA 210 (G39)- working in the vicinity of DNO/DNO Equipment.
- HESA 214 - Safe Isolation.
- HESA 714 - Inspection & Testing.
- Emergency First Aid.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to follow instructions and deliver the desired outcome safely and to the correct standards.
- Ability to deal effectively with peers, client representatives, and the public.
- Takes personal responsibility for work produced and feels comfortable making decisions.
- Understands and behaves safely, encourages others to behave safely.
- Ability to work off their own initiative and be part of a team.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in the position of Highway Lighting Electrician, please submit your application along with your resume and certifications.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Patrick Gray at Carrington West on 02393 876 069 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Please submit your CV to Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org