An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highway Inspector to come and join a busy client in the Liverpool area:
The main duties of the experienced Highway Inspector are:
- To undertake highway related inspections (both walked and driven) in accordance with the Highways Act 1980, the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, , and Well Managed Highways Infrastructure - A code of Practice, and maintain and update all associated records.
- To log and report defects on assets such as, for example, carriageway and footway surfaces, street furniture, road markings and highway drainage (e.g. road gullies and linear drainage).
- To raise works orders as a result of undertaking routine Section 58 Inspections, adhoc inspections, claims investigations, and serviceability inspections as part of ongoing highway maintenance activity.
- To investigate reports and complaints of highway defects received from members of the public and other sources, and taking action as appropriate.
- To assist with the establishment and implementation of a programme of inspections and investigations.
- To ensure any obstructions or defective works on the highway are managed effectively. Where necessary raise Section 81 (New Roads & Street Works Act 1991) defect notices as a result of defective works or product identified during the course of undertaking any inspection.
- To liaise with utility Companies, Contractors, Members of the Public, Councillors, litigation representatives and claimants and to attend meetings as required.
- To prepare letters, statutory notices, reports, statements and other documents, serving such notices and attendance in court in accordance with relevant legal requirements.
- To assist the Highways Network Manager in their responsibilities in respect of performance improvement.
- To prioritise work in order to resolve highways related issues and enquiries
- To ensure that actions of the Highway Inspectors assist in minimising claims and litigation opportunities by fully documenting all observations from site visits, investigations and inspections and ensuring appropriate actions are taken in accordance with documented procedures.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.