Health & Safety Manager - Utilities
We currently have an exciting opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of utility contracting services across London and the South East of England. They are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join their well-established team. This role is primarily site-based, and you will be responsible for covering the North London area, supporting the Health & Safety Department for Utility Construction activities being carried out across this location.
The company's success is founded on building long lasting relationships with customers including utilities companies, local authorities and private clients. They deliver timely and effective solutions and take pride in providing the highest levels of service.
- Managing the health, safety, environmental and quality function for the Company, ensuring legislation is adhered to and policies are enforced.
- Provide strategic safety, health, environmental and quality management advice and engage, support and positively influence directors, managers and supervisors.
- Take the lead on the implementation of initiatives to drive continual improvement of safety, health, environment and quality in the Company.
- Monitor, review and update health, safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and documentation, ensuring they comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards. Implement necessary improvements.
- Manage the certification process for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 45001 standards. Lead all surveillance and certification audits.
- Ensure personal knowledge is up to date with new legislation in addition to legislation, policies and procedures, technical standards and codes of practice and any developments that affect the industry.
- Be accountable for validating and approving subcontractor's pre-qualification checks and support subcontractor onboarding process.
- Manage and lead on all incident investigations, ensuring investigations produced are of sufficient quality and within prescribed timescales.
- Manage an effective inspection and internal audit plan, ensuring that the SHEQ Team carries out a sufficient level of site inspections and internal audits of processes. Monitor and track inspection and audit information to look for trends and compliance with SHEQ management systems. Take appropriate action when areas of potential weakness are identified.
- Liaise with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders.
What you'll need
- Previous experience as a Health and Safety Manager - ideally a minimum of 5 years experience
- Have worked in the Utilities Industry
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Ability to lead and grow a team of Health & Safety professionals
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Good planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in a variety of Microsoft Office programmes
What you'll get
- Excellent salary of up to £65,000 per annum depending on skillset and experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance up to £4,800
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Online shopping discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role is likely to be highly sought after and the company is ready to move forward quickly on these roles, so if you are interested please apply with your CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.