An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Highways to come and join a busy client in Cheshire.
The main duties of the Head of Highways are:
- Act as the contract manager for the Highways service contract.
- Be responsible for all advice on Highways policy, strategy, statutory and regulatory practices to Members and senior management.
- Be responsible for the safety of the network and resilience of highways' service delivery.
- Drive efficiency and improved customer service through the highways service.
- Take responsibility for business and financial performance, compliance with financial regulations and compliance with council policy on all highways related matters.
- Act as the Council's Traffic Manager as defined by the Traffic Management Act 2004.
- Ensure consistently high levels of customer satisfaction, including designing and putting in place an effective framework to capture measure and report on customer satisfaction.
- Design, document, implement and maintain methods of delivery and operating procedures which define the required behaviours and best practice of all staff, and to ensure that agreed standards are met consistently.
- Ensure that services/functions are delivered within and to budget, and to set and manage appropriate financial and other controls, which enable decisions to be made directly and quickly at the frontline (within agreed delegated authority).
- Manage all aspects of the team and individual staff performances including use of resources against agreed shared and personal targets.
- Have responsibility for, and be directly accountable for the performance and use of resources, of a range of defined related functions and activities, as the main (but not exclusive) area of focus of the role.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.