This is a permanent position within our clients' Transport and Highways team. The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has led to an expanding workload and the requirement for a Graduate Transport Planner or a Graduate with up to three years relevant industry experience who enjoys the challenges provided by our diverse range of clients and projects.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for a Transport Planner seeking to develop their skills and attributes and work towards a professional qualification right at the heart of a growing, talented, friendly and collaborative team.
Key skills & experience
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject
- With up to 3 years relevant industry experience
- An ability to communicate effectively, writing clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- An ability to professionally represent the company This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
- Traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
- Highway design - Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits
- Construction Traffic Management Plans
- Delivery and Servicing Management Plans
- Healthy Streets Assessments
Remuneration and training
The company offers a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and payment of professional membership fees. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with their nominated charities. They have a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexi-time working hours and working arrangements. They have a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques, to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.