Our client is currently looking for a newly qualified Graduate or early career professional in their Plymouth office; to support our Ground Engineering Solutions team.
Recent or prospective graduates with a Masters in geo-environmental engineering or engineering geology are welcome to apply, as are early career professionals with an honours Degree and between one and three years relevant industry experience.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone with talent and drive to be part of the existing Plymouth team to grow and lead by example and create a successful and enjoyable work environment.
What you will bring to your new role as Graduate Geo-Environmental Engineer:
- a thorough understanding of geological, geomorphological and geo-environmental processes
- desk-based studies of publicly available information sources
- development of conceptual ground models
- scoping up phases of intrusive site investigation
- liaising with specialist contractors, clients and stakeholders
- attending site and taking records during fieldworks and the construction phases
- soil and rock logging
- knowledge of earthworks techniques
- scheduling geotechnical and analytical testing of soil, rock and groundwater samples
- a knowledge of soil and rock mechanics and groundwater control
- qualitative and quantitative risk assessment of ground and groundwater contamination
- statistical processing and analysis of site investigation and laboratory test data
- use of Geographic Information Systems
- preparation of grammatically correct, technically accurate reports
- presentation of work to the highest standards
- prioritising the health, safety and welfare of oneself and others
- clear, polite written and oral communication skills
- personal integrity and a caring approach to others
- collaboration with peers, senior management, our clients and their supply chains in a professional, courteous manner
- a commitment to professional development
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.