Role: Ganger (Water)
Location: South West
Salary: £35,000 p/a plus package
My client, are a well-established drainage and civil engineering company that have been successfully operating for over 30-years in the South-West region.
They currently have opportunities for Gangers/ Working Foreman based out of their Exeter depot to work as part of our reactive team on our well-established repair and maintenance contract for our key clients.
I'm looking for hardworking and committed individuals to work as part of a civils team to carry out drainage repairs and installations. You will be working a 45-hour week with lots of overtime opportunities, and you would also be part of the on-call Rota.
As a ganger it is important that you can take the lead ensuring that projects are delivered within the required timeframe and be confident in completing daily safety documents, inspections, and records.
As well as a full valid driving license, we are looking for those with experience in the following:
- Utility work specifically sewer repairs and maintenance with experience in manhole and chamber construction, benching, butt fusion welding, and pipe laying.
- Experience in excavations by hand and with machines including deep excavations with qualifications in under 10T excavator.
- Have experience in street works and excavating the highway with the relevant qualification.
- Experience in Manual handling, Abrasive wheels, use of Cat & Genny with the relevant qualification.
- To have a minimum of a CSCS operatives' card and ideally SSSTS
- Whilst the following are not essential it would be desirable if you have any of the following:
- Experience and qualifications in confined space entry.
- Experience of controlling works and dealing with interested parties (customers, client, or other organisations)
- Experience and qualification in over 10T excavator.
- Experience and qualification with a wheeled dumper.
A competitive hourly rate of up to £15.50 depending on experience
Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates
Health cash plan
28 days' annual leave
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.